'Aldon Hamlet' the heart of Aldon Manor comprised of :
The Applehouse, The Granary, The Oasthouse, The Oast Cottage, and Aldon Farmhouse
Aldon Manor, now under the ownership of Anthony Crosse PhD., is embarking on a new stage of development where the latest methods of agriculture are being implemented. As well as new crops the area will be opened to 'The Friends of Aldon Manor' with free lectures, seminars and activities.
Hop workers at Aldon Manor in 1909.
In the background are the tractor sheds which now form part of The Applehouse
A tractor pulling a trailer full of hop sacks along Aldon Lane with Aldon Manor hop fields to the left.
The Heart of Aldon Manor
The thatched roofs on the right were destroyed by fire in the late 1960s and were later converted into garages and subsequentl The Applehouse and The Croft. One of the roundels of Aldon Oast House can be seen just behind a walnut tree that was tragically destroyed during the fire.
Photos are the Copyright of Aldon Manor and must not be reproduced without written permission